Yunbo "Will" Zhang, Ph.D
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Tennessee Technological University
Education:Ph.D in Mechanical and Automation Engineering at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2012.
Master in Digital Design and Manufacturing at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, 2007.
Bachelor in Electronics and Information Engineering at Shandong University, Jinan, China, 2004.
Experience:Assistant Professor in Department of Mechanical Engineering at Tennessee Technological University, Aug, 2017 ~ Present.
Postdoc Research Associate in School of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University, May, 2014 ~ Jul, 2017.
Research Scientist in Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at University at Buffalo, SUNY, Jul, 2013 ~ Apr, 2014.
- 2018: Dr. Zhang received a National Science Foundation grant, titled “Smart Manufacturing for America's Revolutionizing Technological Transformation”, as a Co-PI in collaboration with Dr. Khalid Tantawi (PI, Motlow Community College), Dr. Karen Wosczyna-Birch (Co-PI, Tunxis Community College), and Dr. Ismail Fidan (Co-PI, Tennessee Tech University).
- 2018: A new paper "Design and Interaction Interface using Augmented Reality for Smart Manufacturing" has been accepted by The 46th North American Research Conference (NAMRC 46) at College State, TX.
- 2017: A new paper "iSoft: A Customizable Soft Sensor with Real-time Continuous Contact and Stretching Sensing" has been accepted by ACM UIST 2017 with an acceptance rate 22.5%.
- 2017: Dr. Zhang was invited by The Millard Oakley STEM Center to give a talk about his emerging researches on "Computational Support for Personal Design & Manufacturing".
- 2017: Dr. Yunbo "Will" Zhang joined Department of Mechanical Engineering at Tennessee Technological University as an Assistant Professor on Aug-01.